Welcome back, we sincerely hope you and your family are in good health. We are happy to be able to once again provide dental care for you (and your family). The Ministry of Health has lifted the restrictions placed back in March. While many things have changed since then, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your health and safety.
Our office has always followed strict infection control standards and in order to keep us all protected during this pandemic and in the future, we have updated our protocols and procedures. When we see you at your next appointment, things will look different.
- Each patient will be ask a series of screening questions for Covid-19 on 3 separate occasions, the first screening (by telephone) when booking an appointment, the day prior to your dental appointment, and the day of your appointment in the office.
- When arriving for your appointment we ask that you remain in your car and call us when you arrive. We will call you back to let you know when you can enter the office.
- The doors will be locked, someone will open the door for you. When you enter you must be wearing a mask, if you do not have a mask one will be provided for you.
- We will provide 70% alcohol based hand sanitizer and provide instructions to properly sanitize your hand.
- A member of our team will take your temperature with an infrared thermometer and do the final Covid -19 screening.
- You are required to carefully read, initial and sign the Patient Acknowledgement: Covid-19 Pandemic Emergency Dental Risk form.
- When you have successfully passed the Covid-19 screening, read and signed the Covid -19 Dental Risk form, you will be escorted to the treatment room.
- Please leave all your personal belongings in your vehicle or at home.
- Please do not touch the glass in the reception area. Please do not pick up the Point of Sale Debit Machine. A barrier tape is placed over the key pad and is changed and disinfected between each use.
- Our waiting room will no longer offer magazines or children’s toys since those items are difficult to fully disinfect.
- Appointments will be spaced out to allow for physical distancing between patients.
We have worked hard to create the safest environment for you, other patients and our team.
We look forward to seeing you again. If you have any further questions or concerns, please let call us and will go over your visit and the safety protocols.
Thank you for your patience and loyalty throughout this ordeal. We value your trust and look forward to welcoming you and your family back.
The Team at Smolen Dentistry.